California Air Tools 8010 Review & Buyers Guide
The stylish, sleek, silver California Air Tools 8010 is incredibly quiet, fully functioning at just 60 decibels. It has a very fast tank filling time of 165 seconds from a completely empty tank to full. It has a low amperage draw of 8.5 Amps so will not cost a fortune for you to run if you are a frequent user. The California Air Tools 8010 has an oil-free pump which means that there will be fewer maintenance needs for you to take into consideration when purchasing and using this air compressor.
This also means that any repairs that may be required further down the line are unlikely to be anything major and therefore will not be too costly for you to have repaired. The California Air Tools 8010 has been featured on the Best of Machinery website and has been highlighted as a great air compressor for portable use. It has easy to maneuver wheels and is of the horizontal origin. This air compressor runs off 1 horsepower which enables it to reach a maximum PSI pressure of 120 PSI.
This is a great machine to be able to aid in your completion of general jobs, be it DIY jobs for personal use or for use within the workplace on a more industrial or commercial scale. It is very lightweight and small which makes it a great choice if you require it in many different locations and need to move it around often. It runs off mains electricity so can be used anywhere with an electricity source and is suitable for use indoors and outdoors, alike.
Related: California Air Tools 5510SE Review.
- Dimensions of this air compressor: 26 x 14 x 23 inches
- The weight of this compressor: 54 pounds
- Compressor tank size: 8 gallons
- Amount of noise created when in use: 60 decibels
- Type of power source: corded-electric
- Pump type: Oil-free pump
- Completely portable
- Easy to maneuver wheels
- 1 horsepower
- Maximum PSI: 120 PSI
- The California Air Tools 8010 runs off 8.5 Amps which means that your running costs will be kept low and affordable even when you are in the frequent use of this air compressor.
- This is a very lightweight air compressor so it is an excellent option if you need to move it around from site to site. It is so light that it can easily be carried by an individual user. It has two wheels to make maneuvering even easier and has two support stands to make sure that it is secure when not being moved and when it is in use.
- A great option for using in either enclosed spaces where noise echoes and you do not want to be deafened by the sound created by the compressor, or in more open, public areas, where you would prefer to keep the noise down to lessen the disturbance of others, as well as the noise pollution footprint you would be creating through using it.
- Due to it being a corded-electric compressor it can be used anywhere that there is a plug socket/electricity source. You will never run out of charge or experience a flat battery with this option.
- For some users, having a cable around when they are working can be an inconvenience, either because they need to keep moving the power point location or because they are at risk of tripping over it.
- There are many compressors on the market that have more horsepower.
Alternative Choice: California Air Tools 10020c
Who Is It Suitable For?
- The California Air Tools 8010 air compressor is suitable for use by professional or amateur DIY users.
- It is a great option for both indoor and outdoor projects.
- For locations where noise is a problem, this is the ideal compressor.
- Perfect for people on the go, like contractors, builders, farmers, etc., who will require frequent assistance from an air compressor but will need to do so in a range of locations.
- For people working on their own as it is light enough to carry independently and can be wheeled if necessary and where possible.
Unsuitable? The 4620A model may work better for you.
Why We Like It
We like the California Air Tools 8010 because it is so quiet so is great for internal projects in built up, residential areas without causing too much disturbance or irritation to neighbors. We love that it remains ultra quiet while being powerful enough to complete any project that you challenge it with. It is also a real positive point that this air compressor is so easy to transport to different locations, without necessarily needing to be lifted or needing multiple people to move it.