If you are on the hunt for a really quiet compressor, then the California Air Tools CAT-5510SE is the gadget for you. At just 60 decibels, this air compressor isn’t only impressively quiet, but it is also powerful at the same time. It has a 1 horsepower motor which enables it to perform at 1680 RPM. This is why its quietness is even more impressive because it is also one of the most powerful machines on the market, too. Thanks to the high power behind this compressor, less wear and tear occurs through use so the maintenance required is significantly reduced in comparison to the average air compressor of this nature.
Alternative: 10020c air compressor review.
As mentioned by Best of Machinery, the California Air Tool 5510SE is aesthetically pleasing in its design, has been finished to a high standard and performs like no other in its league. Having been recently enhanced, this model is able to run for longer without the need of charging and its durability has been increased at the same time. This sleek looking air compressor is able to hold 5.5 gallons, and it’s relatively lightweight in comparison, weighing in at just 46 pounds.
This enables it to be handled, maneuvered and transported around without encountering any difficulty and enables it to be used in any place of work, no matter their size, layout or accessibility. If you are often working in confined spaces where noise is difficult to manage, this is the air compressor to answer all of your problems, and you’ll soon be California dreaming!
Related Review: California Air Tools 8010 Review.
- Dimensions of air compressor: 25.5 x 11.5 x 21 inches
- Weight of compressor: 46 pounds
- Number of horsepowers: 1
- Maximum capacity voltage: 110 v
- Maximum PSI: 120
- Color of air compressor: silver
- Size of tank: 5.5 gallons
- Type of drain valve: manual
- Air compressor pump material: Cast aluminum
- Air compressor pump type: dual piston
- Type of oil system: Oil-free
- The California Air Tools 5510SE is very quiet even when working at full capacity. It never goes over 60 decibels so it is great for working in small, confined spaces.
- It has very able wheels so can be maneuvered easily around any working area without having to strain to lift the compressor as frequently as many others on the market.
- For transportation purposes, this air compressor is very light when compared to its fellow competitors. It weighs just 46 pounds so it can be taken from work site to depot, for instance, with very little effort or strain and does not require multiple people to lift it.
- There are multiple other air compressors that have bigger tank capacities on the market currently that work just as effectively for a significantly reduced price.
Looking for something a bit different? Try the California Air Tools 4620A instead.
Who Is It Suitable For?
This air compressor is excellent for people who require the use of an air compressor in indoor, confined spaces, because it is impressively quiet but remains powerful enough to get even the most complex of jobs done. It helps to manage noise even in difficult spaces and reduces the amount of noise pollution.
The California Air Tools 5510SE is a great lightweight option for workers needing to transport an air compressor to and from many different sites on a regular basis. It is not a bind to have to use this compressor, and you will not want to find another way to solve your issue at work instead of having to transport this machine. It is only 46 pounds in weight so it can also be great for people working on solo projects.
This is also a great tool for people who are not wanting to constantly lift an air compressor in their workplace, as it has very easy to handle wheels that make it very accessible for use by older or less nimble users.
Why We Like It
We like the California Air Tools 5510SE because it is so quiet but so powerful while also being very easy to transport due to it being so lightweight. We like that this air compressor enables difficult jobs to be undertaken even in very confined indoor spaces without causing huge amounts of noise, disruption, and disturbance to others while jobs are completed.