Makita Mac700 Review & Buyers Guide
As the Best of machinery will inform you, if increased horsepower is what you are looking for then why not try the Makita Mac700 air compressor? Created to make a big impact but small amounts of noise, this air compressor has had huge improvements made to it since its predecessor was first introduced. Now, performance has been kept paramount, and it has been aimed to please all users on an industrial strength of power even when the jobs are the toughest of the tough. Its increased durability ensure that you will not spend your precious time taking care of this air compressor.
Instead, it will take care of any job you present it with. Should any maintenance be necessary, use the oil sight glass so that you are able to do so quickly, effectively and with very little hassle. The Makita Mac700 has a large air filter so that it can intake as much air as it could ever possibly need to complete jobs to the highest standard and not encounter any problems along the way. It has been clad with copper finned discharge tubing so that heat can be dissipated more effectively and less water builds up within the tank.
If you are wanting to use this air compressor as a portable accessory, just use the roll bar handle fitted to the top of the tank and sitting above the motor, placed for ease of use, accessibility, and protection from damaging your person. For everything you require from an air compressor and more, make it Makita!
See also: Makita Mac2400 Review.
- Dimensions of this air compressor: 18 x 22 x 10 inches
- Weight of air compressor: 52 pounds
- How much horsepower is used? 2 HP
- How loud is this air compressor? Maximum of 80 decibels
- What pressure does this compressor operate at? Maximum of 130 PSI
- What type of pump does this compressor have? An oil lubricated pump
- Coupler material: Brass
- Size of tank: 2.6 gallon
- Twice the horsepower to that of most other comparable air compressors available on the current market.
- It is not loud despite it being so powerful and able to perform well at industrial level jobs.
- Very durable and easy to complete maintenance when necessary.
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind, so the handle is out of the way to prevent hands from being injured when carrying this air compressor between locations.
- Some users find the 2.6-gallon tank somewhat limiting but this is a very subjective point.
- It does not have wheels so must be lifted, but at 52 pounds, this isn’t too much of a problem for fit manual laborers.
Who Is It Suitable For?
- The Makita Mac700 is excellent for users requiring a machine for industrial strength jobs as this air compressor is more than capable of performing and performing to a very high standard.
- For people who won’t or don’t want to keep maintenance at the forefront of their routing. This is an impressively durable compressor and will not require constant care to be able to do its job effectively even when the jobs are tough.
- If you have had previous issues with tanks filling with water, this air compressor has been clad with copper finning to prevent this from occurring.
- Workers who may have larger hands that need bigger amounts of room to keep their hands from being damaged when relocating their air compressor between sites. This compressor has an easily accessible handle located above the motor and is securely attached to the tank.
- For people who require the use of a compressor outdoors, this gadget has an oil lubricated pump so you can rely on it being able to start even when the weather is cold, and the machine has been left out all night.
Not right for you? Check out the Makita AC001 as an alternative.
Why We Like It
We like the Makita Mac700 because it is so hard working and will endure so much without requiring constant care, maintenance and attention. If you need an air compressor to work hard at an industrial strength level, spend a lot of time in cold temperatures and work hard at an incredibly low level of decibels, then you will not find a better air compressor than this on the market and will not be disappointed in your new purchase of a Makita Mac700.