Makita Mac2400 Review & Buyers Guide
At 2.5 horsepower, this is a beast of an air compressor if power is top of your list. With a 4-pole motor, this immensely productive machine is able to undertake huge volumes of work with great ease. This compressor is not a particularly noisy machine so does not draw attention, create a disturbance or add to the noise pollution in any significant way while being used in built-up areas. As it runs on low AMP, there are only very rare occasions when breakers are tripped so this is not a problem that will be incurred often, if at all, if using the Makita Mac2400.
Just like the Makita Mac700, Best of Machinery was impressed to find that this compressor has also been clad with copper finned discharge tubing so that heat can be spread out when the compressor is working hard, and very little water is able to enter the tank. This is a very durable air compressor, so it will not require very much maintenance or looking after when it comes to long term use.
This has been aided by the copper finned discharge tubing previously mentioned, as well as the cast iron cylinders that decrease the amount of wear, reduce any occurring erosion and help the pump to live a longer, much more effective life. If the pump should need to be looked at, it can easily be accessed and removed at speed without having to take the whole air compressor apart, unlike many other comparisons on the market currently.
If you are in need of a tough air compressor that will work hard and is incredibly powerful, but do not want it to be hugely noisy and want to avoid high-cost repairs and maintenance bills, then there is no better air compressor out there for you to purchase right now.
- Dimensions of the Makita Mac2400: 20 x 18 x 18.75 inches
- The weight of this air compressor: 77 pounds
- How loud is this compressor? 79 decibels
- How many horsepowers does this compressor have? 2.5 HP
- What type of pump does this run on? An oil lubricated pump
- Tank size: 4.2 gallons
- What type of tank does this air compressor have? A twin stacked tank
- Minimum to maximum PSI: 40 – 90 PSI
- What is the maximum pressure of this air compressor? 130PSI
- Copper finned discharge tubing
- Cast iron cylinders
- Easy to access the pump
- Low maintenance air compressor
- Low AMP
- This is a really quiet air compressor in relation to how powerful it is.
- It has a good tank size of 4.2 gallons.
- Is a very low maintenance machine – it will not require lots of time, effort and money to fix, repair or enhance.
- The use of cast iron cylinders ensures that you get the most out of this air compressors for decades to come without having to deal with any signs of decay, erosion or aging.
- This air compressor, when compared to others, is rather heavy which should be taken into consideration if this is to be used as a portable air compressor for frequent moving.
Who Is It Suitable For?
- Sturdy and hard wearing enough to use all year round on building sites and heavy or industrial building projects.
- Light enough to be moved around by a single user.
- Quiet enough to be used in built-up spaces with dense populations but wanting to avoid disturbances, externally and will avoid creating substantial noise pollution, or internally in close proximity without being deafening to the user.
- The in-built roll cage caters for challenging job sites where the air compressor getting knocked over is a high or frequent possibility.
Alternatively, you can try the AC001 model.
Why We Like It
We like the Makita Mac2400 because it takes everything in its stride. It is light for easy handling, quiet for considerate use in any space and is able to handle heavy workloads. We love that this air compressor is very low maintenance and will not mean that you are required to regularly fix, maintain or replace parts in order to use it to its full capabilities. There is no job to big or too small for this air compressor, and that makes it one of the most flexible compressors currently available for general or construction use. What’s not to love? Best of Machinery love it and know you will, too.