Air compressors can be used for multiple things, but one thing that they can be really useful for is when you need to do some paint spraying. When you do use it for this purpose, you will discover that it can really save you a lot of time and it will also spray the paint very evenly. Therefore there won’t be any patches when you’re painting like this. Overall, they are really great to use but to be able to use them you will more than likely need an air compressor or an airbrush compressor. This is nothing to be scared about, as it is very easy to attach to the paint sprayer and to use.
Best of Machinery has given you a guide about how to use a paint sprayer with an air compressor, as well as a whole load of other facts you will need to know.
How to Attach an Air Compressor to a Paint Sprayer?
Although attaching an air compressor to a paint sprayer may sound awfully complicated it is not at all, all that you need to do is follow these steps:
1. First of all, you will need to identify where the air compressor can attach to, it is usually at the bottom of the paint sprayer. If it is not, you may need to check the manual.
2. Then attach a regulator before you attach the compressor. This is because you will then be able to see what power the air is that is entering your paint sprayer.
3. The next step is to attach the hose to the regulator. To do this, you will need a female plug and then screw it onto the regulator.
4. Then turn your air compressor on.
5. You will then need to set your PSI on the regulator. To find out what PSI the tool requires it should tell you on the tool itself.
6. When you want to set the PSI, you will need to pull the trigger and let the air come out. When you pull the trigger, you will see that the arrow on the regulator will drop, when it drops that will be the PSI that you’re spraying at, so if you need to adjust it then you can.
7. That is all you need to do to be able to use your paint sprayer with an air compressor.
What Benefits Does an Air Compressor Give a Paint Sprayer?
These types of paint sprayers have a low-pressure output, which means that it is able to make the paint go evenly on any surface that you apply it to. Not only this, but this type of paint sprayer is very easy to use and will gently give anything a coat of paint. You can even place this on your skin, and it won’t hurt you at all, but you will be covered in paint.
Whereas a paint sprayer that is airless can have benefits, but it also has a few negative points. For instance, it can deliver a lot of higher-pressure levels compared to one that is run by an air compressor. In fact, it can actually produce enough pressure to break glass if it wanted to. Another point to note is that you are usually unable to adjust the pressure settings when you do use it.
Therefore you really do need to know what you’re doing before you consider purchasing one of these. Plus, if it comes into contact with your skin, it is likely to damage it, because of the force.
Guide on what Air Compressor you will need for a Paint Sprayer
There is a whole range of air compressors out there, but it shouldn’t be too difficult finding the correct air compressor for your paint sprayer. All that you need to do is check the PSI on the tool you want to use and then check to see if the air compressor is able to reach this PSI. If it is, then it should work perfectly.
Are there any Other ways you can use a Paint Sprayer?
This all depends on what paint sprayer you actually have, because if you happen to have an airless paint sprayer, then you won’t need an air compressor in order to work it at all. This is because it is able to pump out any paint at a very high volume. If you also have a high volume low-pressure sprayer, then this doesn’t need an air compressor in order to work either. However, these paint sprayers are a bit more on the expensive side.
Pneumatic air paint sprayers will need an air compressor in order to work. This is because it will use the compressed air to be able to pump the paint onto the wall or fence that you might be painting. One thing you do need to be careful about this type of paint sprayer is that it may overspray a little bit, so just be aware of this, but they are much more cost effective.
Air compressors are very useful to use when you want to use your paint sprayer. They have a lot more benefits compared to a paint sprayer that is airless, for instance, they are a lot gentler so when you are spraying the paint, it will be sprayed smoothly onto any surface that you want it to cover. Plus, they are also cheaper to run.